Mazakon Makes

Mazakon Makes

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hello

Hello world, look at what I have made.

I started this blog because I am taking part in the Colette Moneta Sewalong and I wanted to be able to share the picture of what I have created. Also, I love sewing blogs. I love seeing pictures of patterns I am interested in and then what other patterns those people have made. I love seeing what material they use and how it turns out. So I want to get involved and share as well. This will also be nice for me to see what I have made and (hopefully) encourage me to document and photograph it.

A brief bit about me: I live in Edinbugh, Scotland. I started sewing about three years ago by going to evening classes. Prior to that my only sewing experience was in school and my abiding memory of that is putting a sewing machine needle though my finger and my home economics teacher winding it out.

When I started the classes I found out I was pregnant with my third child (which is a pisser if you are making something for yourself). I spent 12 tortuous weeks putting a very simple skirt together that I couldn't even fit until I had delivered my third daughter and let my body settle down. However, I loved the classes and kept going.

I will put up a post about my back catalogue, but after making a successful dress for my eldest daughter (that she wouldn't wear because the sleeves were too fat - has she not read Anne of Green Gables?) I kept going. However it has taken me a couple of years of classes and learning patience with sewing before I am actually producing stuff that is wearable.

I have been very inspired by seeing posts about Me Made May. It has made me dig out stuff I had made and couldn't face looking at and reassess it. That first skirt which I couldn't wear in the winter as it wasn't lined and didn't work with tights was worn yesterday with bare (only slighly hairy) legs.

So my plans for this blog are:
  • Do not use exclamation marks (I am happy to follow the trend of overusing in other parts of my social media life, but not here)
  • Show what I am making and what I want to make 
  • Be a journal for me about my sewing activities
I have a busy life and my available time ebbs and flows, but I will try to do the best I can.


1 comment: